Wednesday, October 05, 2011

This Song is Dedicated to The Professional Left

[NOTE: This blog entry, originally posted at a site which shall remain nameless on around August 4th or 5th of 2011, was something I wrote around the time Tavis Smiley and Cornell West were announcing their Poverty Tour. That unnamed prior site somehow decided to shut down for "maintenance" for an entire month (to which you're probably saying "Holy GeoCities, Batman! Who the hell goes down for site maintenance for an entire month in frickin' Two-Thousandty-Eleven?" which is exactly what we all said. No credible explanation has yet been given, but a brotha digresses), and did so in a way that ended up locking out everyone who regularly posted there along with the blog's steadily growing horde of faithful commentariat and lurkilicious site visitors. The posts by myself and others were thought to be lost, but through the magic of the interwebz I was able to retrieve this one. Don't ask me how, though: because if I tell you, then I'd have to kill you.]

I was sitting in the Twitters this morning, just browsing through my feed and minding my own bidniss, when I began to notice the visible frustration of a growing number of loyal Obama supporters – you know, members of that 70-80% of Democrats who voted for Barack Obama in 2008 and continue to support him in spite of the media narrative that the president is “losing his base” – irritated about the same non-stop barrage of negativity that bubbles up from so-called progressives every time President Barack Obama signs a piece of legislation, announces an initiative or even does something as simple and innocuous as taking off his shoes and kicking back with his wife and kids at the White House. Now, if you know me at all, I couldn’t help but respond in some sarcastic, snarky way to what the others were referencing. Before I knew it, this song popped into my head, based on that popular ditty by DJ Khalad called “All I Do is Win”. Unfortunately for the Professional Leftists, notorious for making a nice piece of change touring the Beltway Bobblehead circuit on their “So Disappointed in Obama” tour, the chorus came out slightly different from what DJ Khaled came up with. Like to hear it? Here it go:

All I do is whine
whine no matter what
Got griftin’ on my mind
I get paid to fuck shit up
And every time I step in-to the studio
the bullshit saturation goes UP
And it stay there
Each time I’m on the air
fucking people’s lives up
but I don’t care (up down up down up down)
Cause all I do is whine, whine, whine
Its about me gettin mine
while I’m bad-mouthin’ the prez
every Damn time

No comments: